Thursday, October 13, 2011

Animal Lover

Today was rather uneventful. I went with another missionary couple who live here on campus to a private school where they teach a class once a week. All of the students speak english and come from wealthier famililes in PNG. BIll and I then went to pick Amo up from school(the same one he graduated from) and I got to see some more of the town. I'm anxious for an opportunity to get to spend time there so I can get some good pictures! Bill, Lori, and the kids(except for Aaron) went to the house cry during which the body was brought into the village. I stayed home with Aaron and a couple of the girls who had come over from the village to play. Food here is not thrown away in normal trash cans, its either given to the dogs or used for the garden. They have two dogs here which stay in the enclosed porch just outside the kitchen. Luckily for me because I hate animals and I would rather sleep outside myself than have two huge dogs around me all the time. So the kids finish their food and have some left over which is to be given to the dogs. So my thought is, no way no how I'm going out there to be attacked by the dogs. So I call Aaron over and ask him if he wants to feed the dogs. He doesn't seem to thrilled but I give him the plate and push him out the door. Keep in mind that he's three and is really tiny, so the two dogs running at him and jumping on him to get at the food is hilarious to me, and since I am fully protected from inside and just have my head poking out from behind the door. So that was my entertainment for the day, I'm looking forward to getting some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment